8-10" of S-N-O-W!
Most schools are closed today because of the snow storm....and there's a blizzard warning in effect at this moment until noon. Snow has slowed down but the winds have not.
I'm venturing out later on since I have a hair appointment (priorities, right?) and then a client at 5 pm (unless she cancels). We'll see.
Anyway~yesterday was pretty low key for me... did some cleaning around the house.
Finally got rid of my Valentine's Day bouquet...awww..
Lunch was salad and garlic bread (was cleaning out the fridge, too)
Dinner was homemade pizza: whole wheat thin crust topped with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese and a little olive oil drizzled on top. I have to admit that my homemade dough still needs a lot of work (it's either too hard or too doughy).
....and for dessert, I made lemon bars (still cleaning out the fridge)
Recipe (from Cooking Done Light)
- 1/4 cup confectioner's powdered sugar (additional for dusting)
- 3 T unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated organic sugar
- 2 T freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 T AP flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray the bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Beat the 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar and butter on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add the 1/2 cup of pastry flour and mix on low speed until the mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until just golden brown (about 10 to 12 minutes). Cool on a wire rack and lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3. While the oven temperature reduces, whisk the eggs on medium speed until foamy. Add the granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined. Pour the mixture over the baked crust and return to the oven until “set” (about 20 to 25 minutes – do not touch the filling with your fingers or it will stick to them and you will have a big dent in your bars!) Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into 12 squares and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Have a good day today and stay warm!