Monday, May 9, 2011

My Day - priceless!

Pin It
Moms are so important to only recognize once a year, don't you think?
A study came out that says: stay-at-home-moms are actually worth about $62,000 a year if they got paid for all they do for their family.

Personally, I feel that moms are priceless.

Yesterday, I woke up looking at my wonderful hubby and "the child" that took the place of DD ~

After making breakfast..... fried egg on top of buttered flax seed toast and light soy latte....
...hubby and I went back to bed to catch up on the DVR (mostly shows that we couldn't stay up to watch the night before like SNL) and our favorite Sunday ritual....the Sunday Morning show on CBS.

Then, I convinced him to do an easy 4 mile run with me before rain showers started again. He managed to do about 3 miles until he went back to get Smalls and meet me on my way back.

The rest of the afternoon was glorious!!!...We did exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day. Can you guess?

Nothing.

We stayed in bed the whole afternoon, took a nap with Smalls, watched movies and just veg'd out.

And when dinner time came, we had all intentions to go out to dinner but it got too late and we were both lazy. So I asked hubby to pick up Aloha Island Grill Garlic Chicken plate for me (Half-plate means half the calories, right? )

And I did manage to bake some healthy cookies (adapted from Health.com) for dessert afterwards. Most of which went to my MIL.
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Walnut Cookies


Ingredients

  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. 
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and add brown sugar; stir until smooth. 
3. Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, oats, and salt in a medium bowl. 
4. Combine butter mixture with the dry ingredients, and add egg and vanilla extract. Fold in walnuts and  chocolate. 
5. Mix well, and spoon by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. 
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until tops are dry to the touch.

Smalls had his own "big" treat.




How was your Mother's Day? Did you get to do what you wanted on YOUR day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...