Sunday, November 20, 2011

Not so Happy Hour

Pin It
Good morning friends! Another weekend has come and gone and all of a sudden, it's Thanksgiving week.

This week is going to fly by quickly and you know what? I'm OK with that. I'm anxious to check out all the great deals coming up this weekend....Black Friday here I come!

Speaking of deals.....we went out to Happy Hour on Friday night since it was DD's first night back. We headed to a spot called Zola in downtown Spokane. We heard some good things about the place and so we thought we'd give it a whirl.

Well, honestly...it was a big disappointment. First of all, whoever designed the interior of the place, did not have *comfort* in mind. They had big long high tables that seated at least 6 people and no areas for smaller groups except at the bar (which we opted not to sit at). The stools that accompanied these long tables (more like they were bolted down so you didn't have a choice) were very uncomfortable with no foot or back rest so if you were too small to reach the ground ---- you were basically hunched over with your feet dangling the whole entire time you were there. 

Our table was right across the entrance and so every time someone entered the place, cold air would blow in. The entrance door did not automatically close either so some patrons would forget to close the door and someone else has to close the door for them (i.e. me <-----).

Service was terrible (at least for the time that we were there). Nobody greeted us at the door. I had to look for a server to ask if we seated ourselves. It took forever for another server to get our order. By the time we did get our order, they did not provide us with utensils....so it was another 5 minutes (at least) to get those while our food sat getting cold at the table. I actually had to find our server again to make sure he didn't forget about us.

Food was mediocre.

We ordered from the appetizer menu which were all $5 (good thing because I don't think I would pay anymore than that). 

The priciest item at the end was my classic mojito at $9.00. Sorry but it wasn't worth nine bucks.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I give 1 winky face.

So that's my honest review...if you care which I know you don't. But whatev.....

So here's to a good week ahead of us.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...