Monday, December 19, 2011

Cruising Food

Pin It
I almost forgot it was the holidays...

Spending the days laying out in the sun, the warm breeze, the ocean, beaches and different ports does that to a person. Except for the last day when they had a *holiday show* on the ship. There was hardly anything to remind us of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

Then we came home to snow and 20'ish temperature...


.....an empty fridge.....


....but most importantly, to love and kisses from Smallsie!

Now if you've been on a cruise before, you know how good the food is. We ate dinner in the dining room every night (as opposed to the buffet line) and every night had a great selection of starters and main courses. Some nights I even ordered 2 appetizers just so I can say, "I've had that."

I didn't take pictures of the buffet line (you've seen one---you've seen 'em all) but that's where we usually have breakfast and lunch. 

They also had:
Deli bar
Burrito bar
Grill
Mongolian wok
Dessert section

And 24 hour:
Pizza bar
Ice cream
Beverage


We took a few risks when it came to some food selections and here's a few,
Escargot (snails) - loved it!
Alligator - tasted like "chicken"---really.
Frog legs - not a fan--- ick!

And who can forget about dessert?

Our favorite-----hands down....
The *always-imitated-but-never-duplicated*
Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
Oh, how I miss you....
And they say that the average "cruiser" gains about 2 lbs. per day on the cruise ship. That's 2 pounds per day people...OMG!

Here's how I put the *buff* in buffet:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Ran 2 miles + 30 minutes of Core
Tuesday - Body Attack
Wednesday - Ran 6 miles <------- Booyah!
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Body STEP with interval training
Saturday - Ran 3 miles + 10 min bike + 10 min elliptical + 10 min steam room
Sunday - Rest

Eventhough I was on vacation, I didn't want to feel like I was depriving myself of anything. I still wanted to enjoy the food on board but keep my calories in check and indulge every now and then.


Now I just have to get back on track and work a little harder this week ----*wink*.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...