Saturday, December 3, 2011

Girls' Night Out

Pin It
Good morning friends! How did your week fare? 

I'm just glad this week is over. I started the weekend off with a nice massage at the newly opened Massage Envy here in town. I got a flyer in the mail for $39 for 1-hour massage - winning!!!! The gal I had (Brittany) was really good. I would go back except that the owner was a "pushy car-salesman" trying so hard to get me to sign up for a monthly membership which I wasn't ready to commit to. He gave me his *disappointed* face as if I'm the one that owes him a favor. Not winning!

Then I went out with some friends from the gym last night. It was my friend, Melissa's birthday so we decided to go to Italia Trattoria at the Brown's Addition here in town.

Outfit for girls' night out


The place was a converted garage so it was fairly small. I arrived early to catch happy hour.....tried to order a mojito with no luck ---- they "didn't have any mint". So the bartender suggested a signature drink called Lolo (Bombay Sapphire Gin, Pama Pomegranate, Grapefruit Bitters, Lemon, Sea Salt Rim).

This is what the drink looked like (that's without me drinking any yet). It must've been 1/4 of a cup and charged me $9 (that's after $2 off happy hour price). WTF?!


Then we sat down for dinner and after looking at the menu (and prices ---> entrees ranged from $15-$26), we all decided to get at least 3 appetizers and another round of drinks and call it good.
L-R: Lori, Sue, Melissa, me and Dana
Grilled pizzettacoppa, arugula, fresh mozzarella $11
Fritters, capers, garlic oil $10
Goat cheese platter $12
Prosciutto/Mozzarella platter $11-12
Birthday Girl!!!!
The ambiance was quaint. The food was fresh but  very,  very , very skimpy especially for the price. So if you're thinking of going there, I'd head over to a drive-thru prior or after {or better yet, eat at home first}. My opinion -----> overpriced for the kind of food/drinks that you get.

So my score.....1/2 winky face out of 5


Drove home.

Hunger pang.

Pumpkin pie saved me at the end of the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...