This was my dinner last night:
I've had a late start to my Tuesday. Still tired from Zumba class last night.
But here I am...and guess what????
It's the last day of Eat In Month ..... Woo-Hoo!!!!! I made it.
Smalls doesn't care.
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- Leftover chicken breast topped with avocado, lettuce, salsa and cilantro in a tortilla
And this morning, I made this....
Apple Bake - which is basically apple pie without the crust
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups peeled and chopped cooking apples
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) - I didn't use any
- Grease 9 in. pie plate. In mixing bowl, combine, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir until mixed well. Add apples and nuts (if using) and stir until mixed well. Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake in 350F oven for 35-40 minutes or until browned or top feels firm. Serve warm with cinnamon butter on top.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup powdered sugar (I used 1/4 cup b/c I don't like it too sweet)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
In a mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Then add all other ingredients, beat until combined. Cover and chill until firm.