Monday, May 28, 2012

Let's Go Streaking

Pin It
I'm signing up for a Half-marathon in September (Scenic Half in Sandpoint) which was the race I didn't get to do last year because of my knee injury/diagnosis. So this year is *redemption* and I'm not trying to get a PR or anything --- although it would be nice --- but I just want to get another HM under my belt. My goal for the year was to do at least 1 race per season [a 5K, a 10K or a HM]. 5K -- check, 12K -- check, next is HM.

It's tough to train when you teach classes at the same time. In fact, to maintain my running routine, I'm doing the Runner's World Summer Running Streak 2012. You run at least one mile per day, everyday, starting today Memorial Day (5/28) and ending on Independence Day (7/4). That's 38 days of consecutive running. If you want to learn more, or join, check out the deets HERE.

My 11 week schedule looks like THIS.

P.S....this is a schedule that's worked for me in the past. If you would like a more "tailored" training plan that's right for you, there are several sites that you can check out to find one or tweek one.




So are you in???


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...