Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday is Spinning Day

Pin It
Good morning to you all!
Well, my Saturday STEP class has been cancelled (at least for the summer).   The gym is transitioning to new owners and hopefully, when the dusr settles, we'll resume a lot more Les Mills classes. So today was RPM for me...great work out with Dave!

Here's my post workout drink. Chocolate milk is a great source of protein especially after working out those muscles at the gym...but I love the Soy milk taste, too.



I have to show you what we had for dessert last night. I have to admit that I've had these 2 jars of peaches in my pantry for the last year. I finally found a recipe where I can use it.
It was Paula Deen's Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler recipe. I tweeked it a bit to my liking.




And I found this great new organic vanilla lowfat yougurt on sale....it's called Julie's. Funny 'cuz I was watching the Today show one day and they did a review of organic and low fat yogurt and Julie's came second to Haagen Daaz. MMMmmmmmm, yum, yum!!  



It was sooooo delish..especially when the cobbler was stiil warm and fresh from the oven.

  • 2 (16-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy or light syrup 
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup baking mix (I used Krusteaz)
  • 1/3 cup organic sugar
  • Ground cinnamon

Topping:

  • 2 1/4 cups baking mix (I used Krusteaz)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup fat free milk
  • Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray.
Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries, if using, the baking mix, sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
To make the topping: Combine the biscuit mix, sugar, butter, and milk. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Place the Dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crusty.

Have a great start to your weekend!!! Going shopping with DD at Forever 21 then chillin' at home! Maybe some yoga tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...