Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Labor-ing for Labor Day

Pin It
Good Wednesday to everyone! How's your week going so far?

I will be off to fly with DD tomorrow to the Midwest....moving her into her apartment--- which means my "labor day" plans will be LABOR'ing over the weekend, moving "stuff" and lots of "shopping".

Speaking of "shopping", hubby's hammies have been bothering him when he rides his bike,



....so we decided to purchase a "foam roller" and it has helped tremendously! I use it after my runs, too, especially on my calves and it is a great alternative to a "real massage".



Also, Zoot Sports is currently having a sale online and hubby was nice enough to order me a "running bra", shirt and capri....how SWEET! I have to exchange the bra (too small).


I'm dreading this trip 'cuz I know it will be exhausting ---- anyhoo--- I'll be glad when she's all settled in and ready for a great year.

For dinner, I made "barbacoa" a la "Chipotle-style" (we love that place)...


Ingredients

3 lb. tri tip or chuck roast (I used sirloin roast). Cut into about 4 or 5 large pieces
1/2 a yellow onion quartered
2 large garlic cloves cut in quarters
1 jalapeno, chopped- stem and seeds removed if you dont want to spicy
2 tbs of chili powder
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
Salt to taste, I added about 1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of water

Place all ingredients in slow cooker, and add enough water. Set on low and let cook for about 7-8 hours until very moist and shreds easily. There should be enough liquid to keep it moist. Or cook on high for about 4-5 hours. Enjoy!
Serve with rice and beans, a wedge of lemon and some avocado slices and tortillas. I made a salad out of it!

...Yummo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...