Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Zucchini Muffin

Pin It
Happy Saturday! How's your weekend so far?

It's been busy the past couple of days for me. Thursday was a full day at the clinic and when I got home, I started on dinner right away and managed to bake some pumpkin zucchini muffins before hubby came home. Thursday was my REST day anyway, so there was no workout that morning or evening.

Dinner was an Asian Meatball Soup (from the Biggest Loser cookbook). It was really good especially on a "rainy day".

then the Pumpkin Zucchini Muffin



INGREDIENTS:
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinammon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups organic sugar
2 large eggs
8 oz. pumpkin puree
1 cup grated zucchini, drained
1/3 cup water
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

1. Grease muffin tins and preheat oven to 350F. 
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl. Set aside. 
3. Take grated zucchini and squeeze as much water out as possible in a fine mesh sieve. Set aside.
4. In the meantime, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin until smooth. Add in zucchini. 
5. Add in water alternating with flour/spice mix. 
6. Mix in walnuts by hand. 
7. Pour into muffin tins, bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes for me.
8. Let cool for a few minutes and then fully cool on wire rack. 


I slept in on Friday and didn't feel so good that morning. Plus it was pouring rain so I couldn't do my "run" outside. So I spent the day, cleaning inside the house including the basement. That means, I ran my 11 mile today and it felt really good until the last mile when I was more "mentally fatigued" than physically.



I kept telling myself..."it's a marathon----more than a race"....so I have to keep up my endurance more than anything else at this time.

After a 20 minute yoga stretch and a recovery protein smoothie...I feel so much better. My first 11-mile run EVER!! Whoo-HOO!!!

Rest and recovery today then maybe venture to TJ Maxx or Target this afternoon before Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...