Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weight has been lifted

Pin It
Hi and happy Wednesday!

Well I finally did it. I've been talking to hubby about it now for a while and yesterday was THE day that I finally did it....... I turned in my resignation from my place of employment (giving a 30 day notice) and honestly, as soon as I hit the "SEND" button, I felt a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.


I've loved being a nurse for over 20 years but I feel that now is the right time for me to "bow out" and do something else that I enjoy doing. I have NOT had any other profession except nursing. I have been with this clinic now for 13+ years and if any of you have been in the health care field for as long as I have, you've seen several changes (some good and some not so good) and it has literally "burned me out".

I want to experience more from life and I was unhappy with my career and wanted something else. This has truly given me immediate "relief" (if you can believe that) and most especially emotional freedom. On the other hand, I do feel some guilt, knowing that we will be going down to a 1 income household. I will continue teaching group fitness classes and pursue my personal training career from here on.

All I'm looking forward to ....  at the moment .... is waking up and being happy and excited of what lies ahead. Whether that's making coffee and having breakfast with hubby or just being able to spend time with Smalls...at least I know that I'll have choices and I control what the day is going to be like.


I know deep down that I made the right decision for ME. I am happy and eager to live my life the way I want to...now I have that chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...