Thursday, November 4, 2010

Run while you're sick?

Pin It
Yes, I'm still alive! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days.
It's because .... these have been my "friends" for the last 4-5 days....






....you guessed it.....  I have a cold and a sore throat...doesn't help when you have to "yell and motivate" during STEP or ATTACK class. It didn't feel good during my 7 mile run yesterday either. It was just cold outside and I didn't have enough "gusto"...
Today is my "rest day" so I hope to feel a ton better by tomorrow since I'm planning to tackle the BIG 12 miler. 


Should you run if you're sick??? Here's some advice...




For some recent eats...

We had Sausage Rigatoni Bake (from Biggest Loser cookbook) one night...



..then another night I decided to have breakfast for dinner and made a Bacon-Egg Burrito (hubby was at a dinner meeting).


Ingredients:

  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 strips of chopped bacon
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped tomato
  • whole wheat flour tortilla
  • Low fat cheddar cheese

1. Set small skillet over medium-high heat. Mist with cooking spray.
2. Cook the bacon, then add the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bacon is crisp.
3. Add the tomato, cook until just heated.
4. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
5. Return skillet over heat. Scramble the egg whites until cooked.
6. Stir in the bacon mixture.
7. Place tortilla on plate. Sprinkle cheese down the center.
8. Top with the reserved egg mixture.
9. Fold the tortilla and serve immediately.

...going to bed early tonight and getting more R-E-S-T!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...