Friday, November 12, 2010

Feeling Normal Again

Pin It
Aahhh...my first full night of sleep last night without waking up to a coughing spell. Not to mention, hubby's first full night of good sleep.

Yes, I've been out of commission for the last week because of a terrible upper respiratory viral infection. Bad enough that I lost my voice because of laryngitis. I wasn't able to teach my classes this week nor was I able to go to work this week at all. (Yes, I did get a flu shot about a month ago).

I've just about tried everything to relieve the symptoms....I even found a "chinese" cough medicine my parents gave me a while back (that's how desperate I was).


In addition to OTC meds, I've been inhaling "steam", gargling with warm water with salt and using my Neti pot. I don't think I've watched so much TV in a long time....

Smalls kept me company everyday...



In addition, I had to re-arrange my training schedule since the half-marathon is only 2 weeks away.
Before I got "really sick", I managed to get in the #1 of 2 (12) mile runs. 


My last long run will be this weekend then I taper off next week. Hopefully, my strength is back and only have a few remnants of this virus. Running outside in the "cold air"--- we're talking about high 30s-low 40s temperature --- makes  my asthma worse as well...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last night, I made Teriyaki Tofu. I sauteed garlic, ginger, green onions and firm tofu in olive oil. Then I added the broccoli stirring frequently until the tofu was browned on all sides (about 12 minutes). Then I added teriyaki sauce and seasoned with pepper flakes at the end.



Plans for today:
- practice STEP and ATTACK
- make Thank You cards for work
- clean and sanitize the house (it needs it..LOL)
- ?? run

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...