- Tagalog is my primary language but I don't have an accent
- I went to an all-girls Catholic school from Kindergarten all the way through College
- I obtained my Bachelor's degree in Nursing at age 19
- My first job was being a Registered Nurse
- I sleep with a teddy bear (always have)
- My favorite dish is "lengua" --- it's actually beef tongue
- My legs are my favorite part of my body
- I hate running
- I love chocolate and popcorn
- I've eaten an entire custard pie in one day (on my own)
- I dream of going to Ireland
Southwest Steak Salad
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 oz.)
- 1/2 salt divided
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt fat free
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3-6 cups of mixed greens (I used Spring Mix from grocery store)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jicama, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and pepper on steak and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat on a skillet sprayed with cooking oil (medium rare or desired doneness). Set aside and let stand for about 15 minutes. Slice against the grain.
In a food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt. Process until smooth.
Combine the greens, jicama, tomatoes, corn and cilantro in a bowl. Toss with the avocado dressing. Plate the salad and top with the steak.
Enjoy your snowy Wednesday.
I'm staying in!