Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bet you didn't know....

Pin It
  • Tagalog is my primary language but I don't have an accent
  • I went to an all-girls Catholic school from Kindergarten all the way through College
  • I obtained my Bachelor's degree in Nursing at age 19
  • My first job was being a Registered Nurse
  • I sleep with a teddy bear (always have)
  • My favorite dish is "lengua" --- it's actually beef tongue
  • My legs are my favorite part of my body
  • I hate running
  • I love chocolate and popcorn
  • I've eaten an entire custard pie in one day (on my own)
  • I dream of going to Ireland
Dinner
Southwest Steak Salad
Ingredients

  • 2 beef tenderloin steaks  (6 oz.)
  • 1/2 salt divided
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
  • 1 cup chopped avocado
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt fat free
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 3-6 cups of mixed greens (I used Spring Mix from grocery store)
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes
  • 1 small jicama, cut into thin strips
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels
  • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves

Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and pepper on steak and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat on a skillet sprayed with cooking oil (medium rare or desired doneness). Set aside and let stand for about 15 minutes. Slice against the grain.

In a food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt. Process until smooth.

Combine the greens, jicama, tomatoes, corn and cilantro in a bowl. Toss with the avocado dressing. Plate the salad and top with the steak.

Enjoy your snowy Wednesday.

I'm staying in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...