Hi guys! It's Monday already???
Weekends go by so quickly... I did manage to make one of hubby's favorite dishes over the weekend, though.
We both love seafood and I try to make a seafood dish at least twice a week. Should probably have it more like 4-5x a week but we try to make a variety of dinners including vegetarian ones.
This one is his fave....Fish Tacos. I personally don't like "corn" tortillas so I had a "naked" taco instead.
Coleslaw with Orange Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 3 T white vinegar
- 1/2 t honey
- 7 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large resealable plastic container, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, juice, vinegar and honey. Add the cabbage, carrots, onion and cilantro and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- 8 taco sized corn tortillas (optional)
- 1 lb. mahi-mahi cut into 1" pieces
- 2 T salt free Mexican seasoning
- Salt to taste
- olive oil spray
- 2 cups of coleslaw (see above)
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- 2 T chopped cilantro
1. Stack the tortillas and wrap in a clean, damp lint-free dish towel or damp paper towels.
2. Season the fish evenly with salt and seasoning.
3. Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot lightly mist with olive oil spray. Add the fish pieces in a single layer (working in batches if necessary). Cook, turning occasionally for 3-5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily in the center and is lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, microwave the stack of tortillas on low until warm, about 1-30 seconds.
5. Transfer tortillas to a dinner plate and start assembling. Divide the fish evenly among the tortillas, placing it on a strip down the center. Top with the coleslaw, the the salsa. Sprinkle with the cilantro, fold the tortillas to form tacos and serve.
After dinner, I had a few pieces of an orange and some 70% Dark Chocolate by Green and Black's for dessert.
First time teaching Boot Camp this morning...I'm excited!
Have a great day!