Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekend Made

Pin It
 Hi guys! How's your weekend so far?

Mine started out yesterday with early Zumba ~ which was so much FUN (as usual).
My hip is mucho-mucho bueno now, many thanks to stretching and foam rolling.

After Zumba, I made a protein shake at home.
  • 1 banana
  • 4 strawberries
  • 4-5 grapes
  • low fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1 T flaxseed
  • 1 scoop Sun Warrior protein powder
  • splash of OJ
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • ice cubes and a little bit of H20
....and interestingly enough, DD and I had the same lunch...it's like we're twins (or something).....Ooohh she's NOT gonna like that I said that.
Egg salad sandwich on Ezekiel bread

It was "movie night" at home, too, and since I had a FREE coupon for redbox, I got 2 movies that hubby and I enjoyed (one last night, one this morning). Free is always gooood!

Both were good but I have to say that I liked "Waiting for Superman" better. It's a documentary about the failure of the public American education system and how it's dysfunction has led to U.S. kids falling behind most developed countries. I recommend it...."Two thumbs up!"

For dinner, I finally experimented with Quinoa.
 
Tex Mex quinoa (from Cooking Quinoa)
  • olive spray
  • 2 shallots chopped
  • 4 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 cup rinsed quinoa
  • 1/2 cup of canned diced tomatoes with chilies
  • 3/4 cup vegetable broth
  • 3/4 cup frozen (thawed) corn
  • 3 Tbsp. cilantro
1. Spray pot with olive oil spray and place on medium heat. Add shallots and cook until tender, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.

2. Add quinoa and salt and cook for 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.

3. Reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer for about 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add corn and cilantro. Allow to sit covered for another 5 minutes. Fluff and enjoy.

Also, I still had a few lemons in the fridge so for dessert, I made Lemon Honey Drop Cookies (from Cooking Light).
They turned out really well.  ' love the citrus'y flavor especially after a meal.

My first Saturday Body STEP was well received (actually got an applause from participants this morning). It's always nice to know that you are liked and appreciated. Gave me a little boost today and definitely made my weekend!

..gotta make dinner...You guys enjoy the rest of the evening!


Further reading:




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...