Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soft Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Pin It
Good Thursday morning! How's your week going?

Well I finally went to physical therapy yesterday and he gave me some stretches to do at home. What's frustrating is, the pain on my right hip isn't really reproducible unless I'm "running" or doing a lot of *pounding* type of exercises (say....plyometrics). So for now, I'm not allowed to do those and we'll see what happens. The pain is about a "3" (from 1-10) right now...it's more of a "nagging" pain at this point. The sports doc actually gave me a Medrol Rx (which I can fill if I REALLY need it) and the good news is  that they can't really find anything anatomically wrong. So hopefully in time, my muscles will recover on its own.

Caitlin has a great article on her blog about modifying your (fitness) goals when you're injured.
As well as having non-mileage goals.  Check it out!

So last night's dinner was from the Biggest Loser cookbook.
New Fashioned Meatloaf
Meatloaf(No, not that one)

...the best part was dessert..
Soft Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

They were HUGE since I used my muffin top (<---- ha ha!) tin 
Ingredients
  • 2 cups AP flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa (I used Green and Black's cocoa)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) softened unsalted butter
  • 2 cups organic sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 10 oz. package of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
  • (optional) 2 Tbsp. flax seed
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in the peanut butter chips and flaxseed (if using).

3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. Since I used a large muffin top tin, I baked it for 13 minutes. Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. cool completely.

It was to die for! You have to try this recipe!!!

Aaaahh!! I better be careful with these desserts especially when I can't do as much "working out" as I want to.

Do you modify your diet when you can't work out? 


Something to Read: 9 tips for finding joy from within

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...