Wednesday, April 27, 2011

20 Years Younger Challenge

Pin It
Hellooo! How's your hump day?

Today is technically my "rest" day from training. I managed to get in 3.5 miles on the tready yesterday before my Body Attack class. I was feeling it afterwards and by Track #6, I was doubtful that I would make the whole hour. It was a good thing I had a Larabar in between workouts...'cuz I was definitely running out of steam.

Hubby made dinner last night...
Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops...it was yummy!

So this morning, I decided to head to TJ Maxx. A lot of times, I just like to *window shop* and look around (I ended up getting some much needed bras).
Then headed home for lunch and 25 minutes of yoga. I used a home DVD that I had...I was still tired from last night's workout. I know not to push and overtrain especially with Bloomsday coming up in 4 days.

I think I'm going to do my long run tomorrow (most likely 6 miles) so I can taper before Sunday's run.

I was watching Oprah today and her topic is 20 Years Younger Challenge
Here are the 4 pillars:
  • Exercise - at least 300 minutes a week (that's 5 hours a week)  CHECK
  • Nutrition - 1700 calories a day (more if you're more active) CHECK (I try to stick with 1900)
  • Skin Care - see a Dermatologist - Working on it
  • Sleep - at least 9 hours a night and Bob recommends Tempur-Pedic--he says "It'll change your life". - Working on it
Do you have these pillars in your life already? Do you worry about looking and feeling young?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...