Thursday, April 28, 2011

6 today!

Pin It
Didn't get a good night's sleep last night. I woke up with a wrench pain in my left neck, probably from a contorted position last night, trying to give enough space to his majesty, the Smalls.

So I got up around 6:30 and "made" breakfast, knowing I was going to run early today. Breakfast before a long run: whole wheat English muffin with almond butter, a banana and light soy latte. It's my go-to.....hey if works, don't fix it.

I ninja-kicked 6 miles (60 minutes) today! Booyah!!!----

What?.....Brown matches black, right?

I know that may not be much to those of you who are doing 50 mile a week'ers...but it's my first 6 mile this year without feeling like crap or *hurting* in the end (ok....except for my pinkie toes that have blisters right now---asking help from hubby). 

Legs knead'ed some lovin' afterwards.

And a protein smoothie for my belly -- in the mix: plain non-fat yogurt, strawberries, frozen banana, splash of OJ, almond milk, flaxseed, Sun Warrior protein power and ice.

One for me and one for Smallsie.
 Any more, Mommy?

Last night's dinner was *epic* (ha-has...been waiting to use that word).
Baked Ziti (from the Biggest Loser cookbook)
(except I didn't have Ziti...I used whatever the heck pasta I had in the pantry that looked like a barrel) 
Can you say carbo-load?
Hubby brought home some kind of carrot/?maybe zucchini bar for dessert.

Ok, shower time then I'm watching a double header against Butler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...