Friday, April 29, 2011

Bloomsday Trade Show

Pin It
Hi there! Are you guys sick of seeing Will and Kate yet?

Well, we were. 

So after hours upon hours of TV coverage and going through it on our DVR, we managed to head downtown to the Bloomsday Trade Show to pick up our packets and to check out the booths. One of the negatives of this race is that they don't give you very good *swag*.  

Actually, practically NO freebies or samples.

They do have a lot of vendors though, some of which I don't think should be there at all. 
C'mon...there's a booth selling bed sheets and a booth selling "scum" remover. It's beginning to look like the County Fair.

I did manage to find the SpiBelt booth and bought myself a waterproof belt for $24.

And a pair of Wright socks ~ anti-friction for $8. It says blister free- guaranteed, I'll be the judge of that.

Then happy hour at Clinkerdagger's where apparently we wanted to gorge ourselves with everything fried...Yikes!

Buffalo wings
 Sweet potato fries
 Calamari
..then we washed it down with these...
Pomegranate margarita for hubby, Cranberry Mojito for me .

Now if you'll excuse me, I can feel my arteries hardening...I may need a roto-rooter.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...