Friday, May 27, 2011

Turkish night out

Pin It
Hi there!      TGIF!!!

I have limited plans for today.... more of the usual, really.
  • Drive DD to class
  • Run - today 4 miles
  • Drive DD to PT
  • Lunch at home
I might head to TJ this afternoon ---- > to kill time while DD is at a "team compliance meeting".

She and I had dinner out last night. The destination: Pasha Grill


I just love the authentic Mediterranean ambiance and the food is glorious!

They always start off with yummy warm doughy Turkish bread (tandir ekmegi) baked on the inner walls of a round oven called "tandir" with dipping sauce on the side made of gourmet oil and vinegar.

I ordered the Doner Kebab (Turkish gyro) - Hand carved marinated ground lamb and beef grilled on a large vertical rotisserie served over toasted garlic bread and homemade yogurt. 

DD had the Gyro sandwich served with a side of french fries.

I had Turkish tea on the side.
Yummy in my tummy!
There was enough food for 2 days so we boxed up what we couldn't finish and headed on home.

I'm trying to tie up some loose ends before I head back to Spokompton tomorrow. Still have to pick up a few groceries for DD, gas up her car, do laundry and clean the apartment.

One more get up and I get to see THIS...

Any plans fort he holiday weekend?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...