Sunday, June 12, 2011

Overnight Oats

Pin It
Hi friends! How's it going?

Hubby went fishing today with his Dad...'hope they catch something.

I taught STEP yesterday morning then came home, showered and laid in bed most of the day. My poor legs were so tired....just needed some rest.
I'm not aspiring to get into tight shorts, trust me.

Hubby got a Thai chicken Pizza deLITE from Papa Murphy's and that's what we had for *linner*.
 (source)

Then I mustered what energy I had left in the afternoon to make this.

I was also able to find a *sweet deal* on those CEP compression calf sleeves that I wanted needed. The local running store didn't have my size but said they could order it ($40).

I found a store online called SportsCompression.com and they had it on sale for $36. The cheapest I've seen it online is $38. Plus I found a 15% blogger discount and FREE S/H.


Score!!!!

So people.....you need to invest some time and research prices online....you might get a great deal on really whatever you want need.

Well, this morning's breakfast was overnight oats (in a jar).

Basically, it's a cold version of oatmeal. Instead of cooking the oats, you let it sit in the fridge overnight to let it absorb the liquid they are mixed in. You never cook them. It is cold, sweet and filling and they're so quick since they're basically ready when you get up.

Overnight Oats
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup yogurt (I used Activia)
  • 1/3 cup milk of choice (I used soy milk)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix ingredients well.      Refrigerate overnight.       In the morning, stir well with your favorite add-ins like sliced bananas, berries, coconut flakes, chia seeds, pureed pumpkin, cacao nibs, raisins, peanut butter .... the choices are endless...

Now since I had a few extra $$$, I thought I'd go to Costco today. But first, I picked up a FREE McD Frozen Strawberry Lemonade (holy sweetness!!!)

After hitting the gym and running on the tready ~ 6 miles, I checked out Costco (since I needed to get new everyday underwear). 

Found a couple of other things. A workout tank for $12.99 and workout pants for $14.97.

I'm making homemade spaghetti sauce for dinner --- get some laundry done --- then stare at Smalls for the rest of the afternoon.


Have a great Sunday!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...