Did you know that researchers have established that it takes 21 days to form a new habit?
Many of us want to change a *BAD* habit but either lose motivation or the habit just seems insurmountable. Non-supportive and unhealthy habits keep us from moving towards a better life or even hurt our well-being.
Athletes know how important it is to stick to a habit especially in training. If you are like me that struggle with day to day practice of a habit, we can all do this together and change our bad habits into good ones. It'll take a 21 day commitment.
Even if we don't see immediate results, we will not give up and we will motivate and support each other.
To get started:
- Be clear on your intention. Start with a date.
- Write down your intentions and use positive affirmations such as, "My body will be healthier if I stop eating artificial sweets".
- Identify your "Why?"
- Create diversions to keep you on track.
- Celebrate each step and recruit motivation and support from others. Be thankful for everyday.
- Stay clear of negative people and those who want to sabotage (intentional or unintentional).
Take it one day at a time.
"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself." --- Henry Ward Beecher
So who's with me?
Pick a good habit to adopt or a bad habit to get rid of. Let me know and we will all support each other.