It's kinda sad that summer is winding down. This is the last week we have with DD before she heads back to Ohio. Before you know it....fall is here, then Thanksgiving and boom - Christmas ~ yikes!
So yesterday, I made an easy *light* summer-time dessert (or you can have it for breakfast, too).
Lemon-Glazed Orange Loaf (adapted from WW All-Time Favorites)
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
2. To make the batter, whisk together the flour, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Whisk together the granulated sugar, orange juice, oil, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
3. Add the orange juice mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Pour into the pan.
4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the loaf from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.
6. To make the glaze, whisk together the confectioner's sugar and lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl until smooth.
7. With a narrow metal spatula, spread the glaze evenly over the top of the loaf. Let stand until the glaze sets about 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices.
Day 3 - 21 day challenge
Tip: Organization - School is just around the corner. A great household organization tool is a family organizer that goes well beyond a simple wall calendar. Keep all important information in one place and readily accessible to all family members.
"The only real failure is the failure to try".