Hiiii friends☺! Good Friday to you all!!!
I love trying new recipes and having it turn out to be quite easy. This was one of them.
Stews and casseroles are starting to be in season and this would be a great addition to your recipe file. Great to have on football nights or any night for that matter.
Beer-Stewed Beef Mexicana (from The Biggest Loser)
1 lb. trimmed London Broil or top round steak, cut into 1” cubes
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 bottle beer
1 24 oz container fresh pico de gallo or salsa
1 large sweet potato, cut into 2 inch cubes
4 small zucchini, sliced into 1” rounds
1. In a medium bowl, combine the steak, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until the beef is evenly coated.
2. Place a large nonstick soup pot over medium high heat. When hot, add the oil, then the beef. Cook until browned all over.
3. Add the beer and pico de gallo or salsa and stir to submerge the beef. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Add the sweet potatoes, making sure they are submerged in the liquid, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes longer.
5. Gently stir in the zucchini and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
Yummm...warms my belly!
Nothing much planned for today. Tomorrow is our big launch so we have one more practice at the gym this morning and some decorations to put up.
I've got an interview/audition at one of the local gyms here on Monday as well. I'm a little rusty when it comes to interviews (haven't been in one for a looong time). Any tips? Please send good vibes my way....every little bit helps.
Lookie here...... apparently, somoeone else likes Target......
How about you? Any fun plans for the weekend? Enjoy!!!