Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Day of Thanks and Giving

Pin It
Thanksgiving Day is here.....

Besides having the day off and family coming over, it's a day that I at least take the time to reflect on what I have [not what I don't] and what I'm thankful for.


And so ...in no particular order.....here's my list.

1. Family members who are here [locally]. We are fortunate to have my in-laws living close to us. They are always ready to help us and babysit Smallsie when needed.

2. My family who, unfortunately, lives out of state. I miss my Mom and Dad. I miss my siblings and seeing all my cousins and their families.

3. I'm thankful to have my best friend, Hubby. He is the most wonderful, thoughtful, sweetest man I know. Although we have our differences at times, they're very few and far between. I love spending time with him even if it's just hanging out in bed all day.

4. DD being home and spending time with her. She is my other BFF. We laugh a lot (at each other).

5. My dog, Smallsie. He is such a *stress reliever* and I love seeing his face and how happy he is to see us all the time.

6. My health. Eventhough I have aches and pains here and there, I am thankful that I have most of my body parts working the way I'd want them to.
7. New friends that I've met this past year.

8. My nice warm bed. We have a heated mattress pad and I loooove it. It's so nice to get into a pre-warmed bed after a long exhausting (and cold) day.

9. A job I enjoy. I am lucky enough to be able to "retire" from my "BIG GIRL" job and now do what I love.

10. I am [very] thankful to have no debt whatsoever.

11. Living in a small town that's close to nature with little traffic. I know we don't have much variety as far as cuisine, "cool places" to hang out and things to do but I appreciate the small town feeling every time I'm reminded of it.
12. For reality TV ---- cheesy, I know but it's my own mindless form of entertainment.

13. Blog friends for whom I've learned so much from.
14. Coffee. Don't know how I survived before without it.

15. To God for giving me my Life.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and your family!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...