Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back from Phoenix

Pin It
Hi friends! I got back from Phoenix last night. After waiting for what seemed like hours on end....I got in to Spokaloo at around 10:30 pm and I couldn't wait to get in to my own bed and sleep in [not to mention see hubby and Smallsie, of course]. 

It was so much fun to catch up with all my besties from college but it's also hard not being able to get enough sleep for the last 3 days --- it was a quick but FUN trip!

So the first night, my girlfirend Maria and I went to Zumba class at an LA Fitness club in Tempe. It costs us $7.50 each as a drop-in fee {which I didn't think was worth it at all}. Although it was a big class, the instructor was not very motivating nor was she a "role model" either. She was barefoot the entire class {a no-no}, didn't have her music together and *yawned* a few times --- yes, yawned!
(Dinner was as Asian bowl at a local place called Kyoto Bowl -- wasn't that good but it was getting late)

We had to go back and pick up our other friend, Jenina at the airport afterwards, who didn't get in until 9:30 that night. We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Tempe which was a really nice hotel close to the airport. Of course, I didn't get to take pictures but you can check it out HERE.

The next day was the wedding and we woke up quite early to start gossiping catching up. I managed to get an early run in, just so I can get it out of the way.

We had some time to kill since the wedding wasn't until 6 pm so we went to the local outlet mall called Arizona Mills and actually found a Filipino restaurant (Red Ribbon) where we had lunch.
(Pansit Palabok - a noodle dish topped with special orange sauce, sauteed pork, fried garlic, smoked fish flakes, green onions and eggs)

The drive to Florence, Arizona [where the wedding was] was about 1 hour drive from Tempe. It was hot (high 90's), windy accompanied by a dust storm but strangely pretty at the same time. It's cool to see all the cactuses or is it cacti --- since we don't have it in the PNW.


I'll tell you all about the wedding at the next post. I've got laundry to finish right now and maybe get a run in.


Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...