Hubby and I woke up *tired* this morning. I'm glad I don't have to run today --- my legs deserve much needed rest. Although I am doing Body PUMP this morning --- I am skipping the 2 lower body tracks. I'm also teaching Zumba tonight which isn't so bad.
So, with all the endurance training we've been doing, our bodies need more protein. We need protein to rebuild and repair body tissues. It's also great to help produce stamina and energy.
So I made Black Bean Brownies yesterday to boost our protein intake.
Black Bean Brownies (from Weight Watcher's)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup string black coffee
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup AP flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 in pan with cooking spray. Line with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
In a blender or food processor, process beans and coffee until smooth; set aside. In a double boiler over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, add melted chocolate to eggs; incorporate well. Add black bean mixture, vanilla, salt; mix well. Add flour; combine thoroughly on low speed.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in center of brownies come out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
Cool completely and serve with powdered sugar on top (optional).
For dinner last night, we made Hamburgers with Chipotle Mayo served with a side of sweet potato fries.
And that's how we spent our 4th.
Did you watch any fireworks show?