Ingredients: (from Weight Watcher's New Complete Cookbook)
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 5 x 9 in loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together, flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, brown sugar, applesauce, oil and egg whites until mixed blended. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture until flour mixture is moistened (do not overmix). Stir in carrots, pecans and cranberries just until blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on rack.