Chocolate Pecan Cookies (adapted from Bake or Break) Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1. Place butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute.
2. Add both sugars to melted butter and stir until combined. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs, stirring until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until just combined and a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate and pecans.
3. Scoop dough in desired cookie size onto lined baking sheets. Leave room between cookies for some spreading.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake cookies until golden around the edges but a little soft in the center. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the cookies. Smaller cookies (2-inch diameter) bake for 13-15 minutes. Larger cookies may require up to 18 minutes.
5. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for a few minutes. Then, transfer from baking sheets to wire racks to cool completely.