I was purging my pantry one day and decided to make use of some stash I had from winter.
I entered a few ingredients on to Google and this recipe came up.
Cranberry, Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies
(adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped (optional, could also use walnuts)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the creamed butter mixture. Stir in the oats, cranberries and chocolate chips, if using.
3) The cookies should be two inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes, taking them out when golden around the edges but still a little undercooked-looking in the middle. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool.