Saturday, November 13, 2010

Little Piggies went Wee-Wee-Wee All the Way Home

Pin It
Hi everyone! How's your Saturday?
Mine started out really was cloudy with snow flurries this morning (nothing that stuck to the ground)...but it sure made for a lazy morning. I didn't want to do anything but stay in bed and curl up with little Smallsie (and hubby, of course). we did.....
Got caught up on most of the shows we have on DVR (i.e. Conan, Today show, Bill Maher) and then was intrigued by 24/7 on HBO: The Pacquiao/Margarito story leading up to tonight's "Main Event".

I'm not a boxing fan but since Pacquiao is Filipino...he's representing my peeps.

For lunch, I had leftover pizza from yesterday's lunch.

It was good, plus on sale at the grocery store---sweeeet!

For dinner last night, I made meatballs w/ organic bison and just paired it with rice.

...added chili sauce.

  • 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Panko
  • 1/3 cup organic FF milk
  • 1 lb. organic bison
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 2 T. dried parsley
  • 1 T plus 1 t reduced fat Parmesan cheese
  • 2 t garlic powder
  • 2 t onion powder
  • 1/2 t salt
Mix the bread crumbs and the milk and let stand for 2-3 minutes or just until milk softens the crumbs. Add the bison, egg whites, parsley, cheese, garlic and onion powder and salt. Mix well with clean hands or fork. Roll pieces between palms to shape into a ball. Place meatballs, not touching, on baking sheet misted with olive oil spray. Bake in 400F oven for about 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside.

Also had time to make Mama Pea's pumpkin spice bars, except I didn't use garam masala. Also I've learned NOT to use "fat-free" cream cheese for the frosting...turned out too runny (but that's what I had---I went with it).

I had planned on running my second 12 miler today but didn't want to do it outside (being that I still have remnants of the "cold" from hell) off to the gym I went and got on the good ol' treadmill...soooo boring....I watched the "Bourne Ultimatum" the whole time. My time was around 1:50 excluding the 2 stops for a bathroom break and a short walk for electrolytes and energy (in the form of honey). I also donned on my new Asics Kinetic 3 to break it in.
Here's the result--- My little piggies went wee-wee-wee (more like oww-oww-oww) all the way home.

(Warning:...may be too graphic if you don't like feet photos--LOL)

Right pinkie toe

Left pinkie toe
I even switched shoes halfway and changed socks...didn't make a difference. Hubby said he'll hook me up with maybe some moleskin or a toe cover next week. Half-marathon in 2 weeks...
Hubby's in charge of making dinner tonight. Shrimp quesadilla on the menu.
'talk to you soon!.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...