Thursday, December 9, 2010

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps and Molten Lava Cupcake

Pin It
Good Thursday morning! How's your week going so far? Mine has been spent adjusting to my first week being a retiree. I've been able to sleep in until 7 am every morning and I think I've found a good routine so far. As soon as I get up, I make my light soy latte and the  hubby, his vanilla soy latte "to go". I watch the local news, a little of the Today show and then make breakfast.
Sample mix:
  • oats
  • pumpkin puree
  • cinnamon
  • agave nectar
...I do a bit of blogging, then about 20-30 minute of yoga before DD gets up. I then start on my chores for the day or head to the gym if I need to.
Yesterday was spent cleaning the entire house for company this weekend. 
                              
                                    

I went through all my "stuff" from work and got rid of a lot of paper files that I've been holding on to for years. Yikes! I didn't realize how much *crap* I've accumulated...

I started on dinner which was Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps (adapted from The Flat Belly Diet Cookbook).

....and for dessert, I found a version of the Molten Lava cake (hubby's favorite) BUT without the "calories".


 



The recipe called for 20 minutes in the oven, Next time, I would take them out a little sooner though. Hubby topped it with vanilla ice cream or you can dust it with powdered sugar.

Today's plans include going for a run (indoors on "tread-y")... a little Christmas shopping and then dinner with some girlfriends tonight. I'm excited....we're going to check out an Ethiopian restaurant in town. I have high hopes for it and it will be a new adventure!

Have a great *hump* day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...