Monday, February 7, 2011

World Nutella Day

Pin It
Happy Monday everyone!   How was your Superbowl???

Mine was pretty laid back...had lots of chores to get caught up with. This is a busy week for me at work so I'm trying to stay ahead.

I did make chili for Superbowl last night (didn't get to take a picture) and in honor of World Nutella Day (I missed it ~ February 5th), I made these awesomely good and simple-to-make Nutella cupcakes (courtesy of Cake or Death). We're crazy about Nutella in our house...we buy them in bulk at Costco.

It was so simple and easy -- only 4 ingredients. I can't believe how good they turned out. I really thought they were going to be hard and dry but it turned out otherwise.


Ingredients:
  • Nutella 1 cup divided in half
  • 1 large egg
  • 5 Tbsp of AP flour
  • 2 Tbsp cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line about 9-12 mini muffin cups with paper or foil (I didn't use any 'cuz I didn't have any). If not using liner, spray tin muffin pan with cooking spray.

2. Put 1/2 cup of Nutella and 1 egg in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Add the flour and whisk again until blended.

3. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and bake until wooden pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11-12 minutes (I did 13 minutes). Do not over bake.

4. Set on rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, place the remaning Nutella in the microwave safe bowl and heat for about 15-25 seconds, just until liquidy. Dip the top of each cupcake into the Nutella, so that it's completely coated. Sprinkle top with chopped hazelnuts if desired.
Enjoy!!

This little guy was still recovering from his weekend at Grandma's....he didn't even mind the noise of the football game.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Smalls looks so worn out! And those pictures look great of those nutella cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...