Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ABC's of Me

Pin It
Good Morning everyone! 
Last night was full of exciting basketball at our house! I love this time of year...
March MADNESS!!
Gonzaga won against their rival St. Mary's and has an automatic bid to the NCAA.




We enjoyed this heart-pounding game with Vegetarian Pasta Puttanesca for dinner.
Ingredients
  • 1/2 package spaghetti (mixed white and whole wheat)
  • Sea salt
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 14-oz. can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juice 
  • 1 tablespoon rinsed capers
  • 1 tablespoon basil pesto
  • 1 generous splash balsamic vinegar
  • 2 shakes of hot red pepper flakes

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the spaghetti according to package directions, just until al dente. 
2. Meanwhile, pour a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil into a deep skillet and heat it gently over medium heat.
3. Toss in the garlic and stir for a minute; add the tomatoes, capers, basil pesto, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Shake some hot pepper flakes in, to taste.
4. Drain the cooked pasta and pour it into the skillet; stir gently for a minute to coat the strands.
Serve and enjoy!
For dessert, I also had 4 little Nutella cupcakes.


I've also seen this floating around the blogosphere so I thought I'd play along.


A. Age: 41 (yikes!)
B. Bed size: Queen, has always been a queen...but secretly, I want a King especially with Smalls sleeping with us
C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the toilet
D. Dogs: Smalls ~ a Shitzu, Chihuahua, Yorkie mix who is 4 1/2 years old
E. Essential start to your day: an organic light soy latte
F. Favorite color:  Looking in my closet, I would have to say "browns and blacks" (sounds dreary) 
G. Gold or silver:  silver
H. Height:  5’5. 
I. Instruments you play(ed):  None...I know....sad :(
J. Job title: Now it's Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer, recently retired as a Nurse Practitioner
K. Kids: One daughter 
L. Live: Spokane, WA...would like to move somewhere warm
M. Mom’s name:  Menchu
N. Nicknames:  Jenn
O. Overnight hospital stays:  None
P. Pet peeves:  Negative vibes, poor grammar/spelling, people who are late
Q. Quote from a movie: "I guess I just miss my friend, Andy"
R. Righty or lefty:  Righty
S. Siblings:  1 brother, 1 sister
T. Time you wake up:  6'ish
U. Underwear: What does this question mean? Yes? Where I buy them? Costco...hehehe
V. Vegetables you dont’ like:  Eggplant
W. What makes you run late:  I'm never late...check "P".
X. X-rays you’ve had:  Chest, Mammo (of course)
Y. Yummy food you make:  Hubby says, "everything"
Z. Zoo animal favorites:  Panda bear


Play along!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...