Thursday, April 7, 2011

Climate change

Pin It
Hello there!!!
Woke up this morning to this....

Are you kidding me?

We had *blizzard* and hail last night....this weather is just ridiculous. I wanna be somewhere warm.

Wah!!!

This sinus/cough thing has really kicked by butt. So far, I've been bedridden for 2 days...don't want to push it today but I might do some stretches. I haven't had an appetite either. Nothing tastes good except for warm Theraflu and maybe some caffeine. I've worked my abs so much from "coughing" that it's sore today (that's one way to get some ab work, huh).

I managed to make Quinoa and Vegetable Stew yesterday, though. It had quinoa, carrots, onion, cauliflower, bell pepper, cabbage and spinach cooked in vegetable stock and canned diced tomatoes.


And since I had bananas that needed to be used, I tried Jenna's Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars with a little tweaking. Did I mention it was vegan, too? That means you can have twice as much ~ Lol!
Ingredients:
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup AP flour
  • 2/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 2 Tbs flaxseed

1. Preheat oven at 350F
2. In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork and then add the canola oil and brown sugar. Mix well until there are no sugar lumps left.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oats. Mix into wet ingredients and add chocolate chips and flaxseed.
4. Pat batter down into a greased square 8-inch pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cool before cutting into squares.

On a side note...so proud of DD...played well yesterday (doubleheader against Marshall)...eventhough they didn't get a "W"... 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...