Friday, April 8, 2011

What's in my Gym Bag

Pin It
Happy Friday friends!!! 

It's a beautiful day today with the sun out, no clouds in the sky. Although it's a little chilly, I don't mind...as long as the sun is shining. It just lifts up my mood even though I'm still congested. I'd like to venture out and go for a run but again, I don't want to aggravate my cough and my asthma. So it's the treadmill at the gym today.

Which led me to cleaning out my gym bag....and if you're wondering what's in it.... here it is...

 My workout shoes.

The necessities (towel, cell phone, water bottle, ipod). I rarely take a shower at the gym. It's only 3 miles away from my house so I don't carry any toiletries with me.

 A protein bar for an emergency snack.

 Gloves for Body Pump.

First aid.

Including gel pads for my toes.

An old Body STEP routine (I was doing this one before the new release).

 A few magazines (I normally leave it at the gym when I'm done).

My mic, battery pack and tune belt (I've always had my own because I don't like using the gym's).

 Some people say my gym bag looks like a diaper bag...I don't think it does but oh well....

And since I've had to modify my *training* schedule, my goal now is to try and run in the Rock 'n'Roll Half-Marathon in Seattle in June. Nursing an injury continues to be difficult but I'm thankful that I am still able to do a lot of the *usual* workouts that I'm used to.....I just can't run at my usual pace and intensity.

My training schedule is based Hal Higdon's Novice Half Marathon Training (even though I'm not quite a "novice"~~~~ I feel as though I need to train as if I am).

For a larger version, click HERE < ------

We've already signed up for Bloomsday which is less than 4 weeks away and that will surely be my "test run" to see if I can make it without being in excruciating pain.

So if you're injured yourself or frustrated at the level you're currently at, consider modifying and thinking of other goals that will fulfill and satisfy your fitness cravings level.

Do you have any races coming up? How's your training going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...