Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hands on Deck

Pin It
Hello there! How's the weekend going? It is finally gorgeous here in the PNW.

I am enjoying 70-80 degree weather without the humidity. I hear it's *triple digits* in some parts of the country. Just make sure you hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

I ran 6 miles on Friday which was actually good. My time was actually pretty decent even though I felt like I was slower than molasses -- or that Garmie here is *broke* :)

I think the speed work and endurance I did last week really helped. Not to mention all the other stuff we're "supposed to do"... not running too fast, not running too far (weekly mileage not > 10% increase), not running too often (rest and recover), cross train, consider supplements.

Later that day we had a visit from hubby's BFF, Dodge and his daughter from the West side of the state. They had a graduation to attend here in town and they stopped by to say Hi!
...my backyard and deck was not in good condition for visitors yet.... which of course gave me a project to do for Saturday.
BEFORE

Smalls wanted to help out but I had to hose down the deck, clean off the patio furniture, weed and pick up a hell of a lot of pine needles.
Hubby helped after his bike ride.

I spent about 3 1/2 hours working out in the yard yesterday (that's after teaching an hour of STEP). I stopped to cool off every now and then.

1/2 limeade and 1/2 sparkling water

I stopped when it got too hot. 
AFTER

I know you can't tell from that picture but trust me, there was a lot of cleaning and yard work that got done.

We're having my SIL and her husband over for barbecue today so I can take more photos as evidence.


Stay cool!   BTW.... Baylor is in the Final Four - Yahoo!!!

Check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...