Friday, June 3, 2011

WCWS

Pin It
Softball season is winding down. And the Women's College World Series is on this weekend. I'm rooting for Baylor (I always try and root for the underdog -- woot, woot!).

So we had our friend, Scott come over last night to watch Florida vs. Missouri (Florida won).

I made a Pasta Salad and Stir Fry Walnut-Shrimp (from Flat Belly Diet Cookbook).

Now for dessert, I realized that I only had 1 egg in the fridge. So I decided to hunt for a recipe online that didn't require any eggs. This is what I found.


 ....it tasted like fudgy brownies but not too sweet, just right because of the raisins!
And hubby bought fresh organic strawberries that I decided to make a
Strawberry Apple Crisp
 

Makes 2
Topping
1/4 c. oats
1 1/2 Tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose or whole-wheat)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
pinch salt
1 Tbsp. butter

Filling
1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries
1 small apple, peeled, cored, diced
lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cornstarch
3 tsp. brown sugar

Heat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Mix in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine strawberries and apples. Squeeze a little lemon juice over fruit to keep the apples from turning brown. Add remaining ingredients; stir until combined.
Divide fruit between two ramekins. Sprinkle crumble topping over fruit. Bake for 10 minutes; lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbly.


Look who's begging at the dinner table....

Have you seen the new food pyramid?? I have to say, I  like it! So much easier than what we grew up with. Don't you think?

VS. 


I'm off to run...talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...