Monday, June 27, 2011

Rock N' Roll Seattle Recap

Pin It
Saturday morning started out really early. Alarm clock was set for 4:30 am. I had my pre-race ritual including breakfast of plain thin bagel (I didn't have an English muffin with me) with almond butter and a banana. I didn't have my coffee 'cuz I was afraid of what havoc it might do to my belly.

Got dressed and ready to go!

It was cloudy that morning but no rain in the forecast. I forgot to bring a "throw-away shirt" so hubby gave me his. It was in the low 50's at the start line.

Traffic was atrocious.



After hubby dropped me off, I had to walk about a mile to the start line. I was in corral #16. The corrals are 15-20 feet apart from each other and start times were staggered. So even though the official start time was 7:00 am, my corral didn't get to start until about 7:30.

Runners on freeway (taken by hubby), this is probably about mile 10.



I felt really good from mile 1 to about mile 9. It was after that -- I started to feel the fatigue and I had to do a few run/walks. I managed to get in some GU around mile 7 and kept "munching" on it through mile 12. Honestly, I don't even know how I managed mile 10 thru 12 but I just kept telling myself, "..you're almost there!"

When we got close to Safeco Field, I knew Qwest Field was just across the way and I had to kick it up a notch. I just wanted to finish already!




Finally, the finish line. I saw hubby there waiting for moi!



Photo op!!!
My official time was 2:02 --- I shaved 7 minutes off from my 1st half-marathon --- Wahoo!!!



Compression time --- yay!


Overall, it was such a wonderful, fun weekend! I accomplished what I set out to do and am proud for being able to do it. That's coming from someone who thought that 1 half-marathon was enough, with only 12 weeks of training and getting through an injury. I also met a couple of bloggers briefly at the finish line: Tall Mom on the Run and Blonde Ponytail.

It was nice to come home to this little guy!


What did you do over the weekend?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...