Friday, July 29, 2011

Cleaning, Haircuts and Dinner

Pin It
Hello! 
"It's Friday..Friday...gotta get down on Friday".. (sorry..now you'll have that song stuck on your mind the whole day).

I've been cleaning my office/den for the last 2 days. I have accumulated so much crap (especially scrapbooking crap) over the years that I was afraid I'm gonna be featured on Hoarders.

So I got rid of boxes and boxes of *schtuff*! I didn't realize I was  hanging on to so many magazines for far too long.


I just have a little bit more to do...I've rearranged furniture and have a few more decorating things to finish.

Did I mention that I got a haircut, too? I went for a "short inverted bob" this time 'cuz I just can't stand the long hair anymore!

I like it and it will save me so much time now -- wash and go!

I will leave you with a recipe that's easy, delicious and healthy...
Thai Pork and Rice Bowl (adapted from Weight Watcher's All Time Favorites)

Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp canola oil
  • 1 lb. ground lean pork
  • 2 assorted color bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
  • 1/2 lb. fresh white mushrooms, thickly sliced
  • 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 13/4 tsp. Thai red curry paste
  • 4 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lime


1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok set over medium high heat. Add the pork and stir fry until the pork almost loses its pink color, about 4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and stir fry fro 1 minute.

2. Add the broth, rice and soy sauce and curry paste to the skillet, bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.

3. Remove the skillet from the heat; stir in the scallions and cilantro. Drizzle with the lime juice and serve.
I have a BIG delivery coming to the  house today....gotta get ready!

Have a good start to your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...