Hiii everyone ☺!
I hope everyone's having a nice, relaxing weekend!
I'm catching up with my DVR'd shows including Project Runway! I'm soo excited for the new season! Lurve Tim Gunn ♡!!!
I also wanted to share some of the pix from our July launch at the gym last weekend! Hubby came in after we were about an hour into it and took some of these photos from up above.
I'm with two other girls that teach BodySTEP (Danielle - far left, Kara - middle). I taught the first 2 tracks out of the 4 that we did. We had a fair amount of participants but not as big as previous launches because it's summertime.
And here's a delicious pasta dish that I made the night before the launch. This would be good if you're carbo-loading, too. I was pleasantly surprised with the dressing as well...since usually "creamy" means "fatty" but it was delish and low fat!
Penne Chicken Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing (adapted from Weight Watcher's All-Time Favorites)
- 1/2 cup fat free mayo
- 1/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 box penne
- 1/4 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast halves, lightly pounded
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, scallions, lemon juice, mustard, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cook the penne according to package direction. Transfer to a large bowl then set aside.
3. Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken on the diagonal into thin slices.
4. Add the chicken to the penne. Add the arugula, celery and tomatoes; toss well. Drizzle with the dressing and toss well to coat.