Thursday, August 4, 2011

Most insane season yet

Pin It
Hello and happy Thursday!

I had an orthodontist appointment this morning so I got up at 6:00 am.....bright and early !

I had also planned on doing my 10K run right after the appointment to beat the heat. I'm amazed at how most of you can run dealing with heat and humidity but it just kills me! Distance running usually triggers my EIA but I try not to make that as an excuse. I did take my meds and my inhaler but it was still hard after the first 3 1/2 miles. I did a lot of walk/run after that and managed to finish in an hour and walked the last 0.2. Temperature was close to 70's by the time I finished ~ around 9 am.

Waah - Waah - Waah .... just suck it up, right?


In other news, we found another visitor at our front door the other night. 

This is at least the 4th one (maybe cousins)... they're all spreading the news to their friends....

Amphibian pool party + Jersey Shore marathon at the pond tonight!!!

For dinner, the other night, I made Pan-Seared Scallops with Tomato-Corn Hash.
It was a treat since we don't splurge on scallops that often. 


I think I'm going to invest in one of those fuel belts or hydration packs to take with me on my long runs. I would love to have the least amount of stuff on me as possible when I run but in this heat and my EIA...it might just help. ' still experimenting on what works for me.

Are you ready for the insanity????



Double fist pump to you all!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...