Friday, October 14, 2011

Homemade-ness

Pin It
Hi there <3! Happy Friday!!!

I've been trying to get ready for an upcoming trip. I've been busy cleaning the house and using up most of what I've got in my pantry and fridge so I can start off with a *clean slate* when we get back. Nothing worse than coming home to a *dirty* house and *spoiled* food.

I decided to try THIS recipe for Carrot bread. Hubby wants something to munch on during the trip and I figure I can give a loaf to my MIL for her birthday as well.

So after all of this......
.....it was an EPIC FAIL!

Besides overflowing in the oven, it did not rise properly.

The good thing is: the crust came out really good and most of the bread is still edible ---- just not "give-able".
So I ended up making THIS for MIL instead.
I just used a 3" strip of scrapbooking paper to "gift-wrap" the bread and added a matching ribbon and button on top.

And a homemade Birthday card, too.
Here's a close-up of the card.

I love giving handmade cards and food as gifts. I love to bake and the gifts are not only practical and affordable, but usually very appreciated.

Happy Birthday, Fay!


What do you think? Have you had any "failed" attempts in the kitchen?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...