Monday, December 26, 2011

A quiet Christmas at home

Pin It

Good after-Christmas morning friends! 

'hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Santa brought you what you wanted and *wished* for.

My morning started early...like super early -----> 2:30am. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and started preparing Christmas dinner. I watched a little TV and around 4:30am, I decided I'd try to go back to sleep. I managed to snooze until 6am. 

I started making Christmas breakfast.

Crispy Potatoes with Turkey Bacon and an Egg {sunny side up} on top.
Apple Crumble Cake {that I made the night before}

It turned out so moist and yummy! I used Emeril's recipe but I cut the recipe in half and nixed the sugar glaze.
Smalls was still sleepy and could care less.


We had "A Christmas Story" on all morning long
DD didn't wake up until 9 am
Then it was time for gifts....

This was the extent of presents on Christmas Day {we believe in gift-giving year-round----wink!}
"Close your eyes"
Santa brought me a gym bag


My parents (who are in Cali) sent me a package of chocolates from the Philippines (it's the kind I used to eat when I was a little girl).

A jacket {Lululemon-knock-off <----for sure} from Costco
Shirt for hubby from my parents


A jacket for hubby 

Money for DD


Sewing machine for DD




Smalls loved all the shiny Christmas wrappers.
I thought this picture looked *funny* (Smalls was embarrassed to be next to us).
And then this happened.....
....while DD couldn't wait to use her sewing machine. 
She spent the rest of the day in the craft room.
We had plans to go see a movie but ended up in bed all day...

then it was too late.........Zzzzzzzzzz'sss.

Christmas dinner was Baked Ziti (which I forgot to take a picture of)...

and for dessert, I made a batch of Nutella cupcakes.

It turned out to be just the kind of Christmas Day I had in mind.


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! I am home in the Philippines with my family and I already stocked up on choc-nut :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...