Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Master Bedroom Inspiration

Pin It
I am sooo into Nate Berkus right now [i want him to come to my house and help me!]. Unfortunately, I heard that his show has been cancelled with the last one airing in May.

I was watching his show on my DVR the other day and he talked about the 5 Bedroom Basics that everyone should have.

1. Headboard
2. Bedding
3. Lighting
4. Window Treatment
5. Seating

.....and it has now motivated me to tackle my master bedroom once and for all.
Here's some of my inspiration....

Love this room and the color palette (very soothing and fits my decor).

Not sure about *white bedding* on this one but I love that sunburst mirror.

I love the greens!

I love the blues!

So right now, I'm debating whether to have blue or green as my accent color. I've got a laundry list of things I need to get done.

  • ? new duvet cover
  • Update table lamps
  • Bench or seating with storage
  • Plants/flowers
  • Artwork
  • Drapes
  • New pillows and accent pillows

Our master bedroom is quite small so I want to keep it as simple and clutter-free and yet warm, cozy and have it feel like a sanctuary.

All I need is to be more decisive. It takes me for---ev--er to commit to a color.... particularly on the drapes. Hopefully it doesn't take me 10 years.

What is your home design style?
I tend to be a mix of contemporary and modern with a twist of casual chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...