Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ricotta Cake

Pin It
I haven't had a *cold* in a while.... so guess what? I got one for free ---- bleh! I managed to survive classes yesterday but today is going to be tough, too. I've been sucking on cough drops and had the humidifier on all night. Can't do anything else but the usual ---- drink plenty of fluids, wash hands, chicken noodle soup, yada yada,yada...

I'm gonna keep my PJs on and stay in bed while I leave you with this recipe.

I had some leftover ricotta cheese that I had to use up before it went bad and I thought I'd look up an easy "not-pasta" related recipe that I could use it for.

Voila! 

Ricotta Cake
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
1 container of ricotta cheese (2 lbs.)
3/4 cup sugar substitute (or plain white sugar)
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13" pan. Prepare the cakes according to package directions.
2. In a medium bow, combine the ricotta, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls on top of uncooked cake.
3. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Sprinkle cooled cake with powdered sugar (if desired).


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...