Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spray Paint Newbie

Pin It
Here's another project that I can mark *done* on my to-do list. I'm still finishing up my "master bedroom" re-design and one of the things I wanted to do was change out my lamp shades. I like the ones we currently have except it needed some updating.

The "antiqued-brass" base was getting a little dated so I wanted to spray paint it a brighter color.

I chose Krylon in Satin Ivory (I got it at Michael's $3.90 after a 40% coupon)

....had to wait until the weather was nice enough to spray paint outside.


I did at least 3 or 4 coats (I probably should've used a primer but it was my first go-around with spray paint). I waited at least a minute in between coats.

And Voila...


I like how it turned out especially against our "darker" accent wall.


Keep in mind that I have never spray painted before so I had to learn a few things ---- especially spraying with a "sweeping" motion otherwise, the paint pools in certain spots and starts to drip....

{and also... more is not necessarily better---remember----> thin coats!}

Here's the Before and After



TOTAL COST: $3.90 for 1 spray paint can that did 2 lamp shade bases.

So what else do I have left?

  • ?new duvet cover
  • Update table lamps
  • Bench or seating with storage - this might have to wait until I find the right one
  • Plants/flowers
  • Artwork
  • Drapes
  • New pillows and accent pillows
I'll have a final reveal of the master bedroom soon. In the meantime, I'll continue to be on the lookout for seating/storage. I've gone to Target, TJ MAxx, Ross, World Market and Pier One. No luck so far.

Any suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...