Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hope Run 5K

Pin It
So last Sunday, we woke up quite early to get ready for our 5K run. Smalls wanted us to snuggle but we had other priorities that day [besides being a lazy bum].

We got to the venue at around 8:00. The race wasn't until 9 am but me and the other Zumba girls were tasked to do the *warm up* prior to the race. 
It was a rainy morning and it was the inaugural race for Team Michael Moyles HOPE RUN 5K benefiting Livestrong. I'd say there was about 100 participants that morning.

Hubby and I didn't take any pictures during the race, so here's the best I could find from the race website.
It was a great 5K! Very organized and the course was not bad at all....just one hill. It was the first time I ran on the road again --- since I've been doing most of my runs on the TM {I'm a sissy and I don't like being "cold"}. My knees started to throb at the end but it wasn't too bad. My Garmin said I finished 3.17 miles in 28:58 {sigh}.

We went home afterwards and tackled our weekend chores.

Dinner that night was Fish Tacos
I had mine "naked".
I also made a Banana Bread using THIS recipe from Cooking Light, except I added flax seed and swirled Nutella in it.
Dinner tonight was courtesy of Panda Express. I had a coupon for a FREE Shanghai Angus Steak menu item which I then had with some leftover rice at home, while hubby went out to happy hour with a friend of his.
 I have to say that it was actually good --- made better 'cuz it was libre!

Tackling 6 miles today..... then a "rest" day for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...