Friday, April 13, 2012

Smart Snacking

Pin It
Got  my haircut and color yesterday! Wahoo---I feel human again! A dorky human but human nonetheless.

Same look only shorter..... and I'm 110 dollars poorer....

I was sooooo famished yesterday afternoon eventhough I had lunch before my hair appointment. So I had a bowl of Kashi cereal and 2 servings of Sun Chips (Garden Salsa - yum!). Then I snacked on lots of peanut butter before Zumba class last night.

Does running make YOU hungrier?

I can tell that it does me....but I try not to indulge on calories as much as possible. Sometimes I can't help it since I need the energy to teach, so here's some options for healthier snacks so that our efforts towards fitness is not compromised. The key is limiting the serving size which I have to admit, is tough!

  • piece of fruit and cheese i.e. an apple and string cheese
  • fruit and yogurt smoothie
  • cup of vegetable soup
  • hummus with carrots and celery
  • yogurt with berries and almonds
  • frozen yogurt popsicle
  • cereal and milk
  • low fat cheese and crackers

Some may be considered "junk" but these are actually good for you.

  • popcorn (pick air popped or low fat microwave varieties)
  • jerky (pick low sodium < 480 per serving)
  • pudding (pick low fat pre-made snack cups)
  • dark chocolate ( 1 oz.)
  • chips and salsa (single serving - pick multigrain)

Tackled 4 miles of an easy run this morning and my knees cooperated this time. Then 30 minutes of Core/Abs then I had to practice for STEP and Zumba this weekend. We're doing the warmup before the 5K run on Sunday.

Whatever your plans are this weekend----have FUN!


Something to read:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...