Same look only shorter..... and I'm 110 dollars poorer....
I was sooooo famished yesterday afternoon eventhough I had lunch before my hair appointment. So I had a bowl of Kashi cereal and 2 servings of Sun Chips (Garden Salsa - yum!). Then I snacked on
lots of peanut butter before Zumba class last night.
Does running make YOU hungrier?
I can tell that it does me....but I try not to indulge on calories as much as possible. Sometimes I can't help it since I need the energy to teach, so here's some options for healthier snacks so that our efforts towards fitness is not compromised. The key is limiting the serving size which I have to admit, is tough!
- piece of fruit and cheese i.e. an apple and string cheese
- fruit and yogurt smoothie
- cup of vegetable soup
- hummus with carrots and celery
- yogurt with berries and almonds
- frozen yogurt popsicle
- cereal and milk
- low fat cheese and crackers
Some may be considered "junk" but these are actually good for you.
- popcorn (pick air popped or low fat microwave varieties)
- jerky (pick low sodium < 480 per serving)
- pudding (pick low fat pre-made snack cups)
- dark chocolate ( 1 oz.)
- chips and salsa (single serving - pick multigrain)
Tackled 4 miles of an easy run this morning and my knees cooperated this time. Then 30 minutes of Core/Abs then I had to practice for STEP and Zumba this weekend. We're doing the warmup before the 5K run on Sunday.
Whatever your plans are this weekend----have FUN!
Something to read: